Join us for an entertaining and educational exploration of Burgundy’s renowned culinary culture. In addition to hands-on gastronomique workshops in the kitchens and bread house at Cromey, we will visit with specialist chefs, artisan food producers, cheese makers and winemakers who bring Burgundy’s traditions alive.
Classes are limited to and require 6 participants. Weeks begin on Saturday afternoon and end after breakfast on Friday.
Among the techniques that will be incorporated in the Workshops:
- Sauces: stocks, reductions and emulsions. The chef’s secrets
- French Patisserie: A morning with a pro
- Vinaigrette: Variations on several of the most important basics. Use of nut oils
- Tarts: French classics, sweet and savory
- Pâtés and terrines: From the garden, the sea and the hunt
- Cooking with a wood-fired oven. Much more than just pizza
- Wine: Food and wine pairing
6 NIGHT GASTRONOMIQUE WORKSHOP
GROUP OF 6: €4900 per Person
THESE PRICES INCLUDE: 6 Nights Accommodation at Domaine de Cromey, 3 Gourmet dinners and 3 Bistro lunches at selected restaurants, 2 Workshop lunches, 6 breakfasts at the house, fine estate-bottled Burgundy wines to accompany meals. ‘Gastronomique’ workshop program, ground transportation for planned excursions, maid service.
THESE PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE: 3 Dinners to be taken on your own, entry fees for sites visited during free time, trip cancellation and travel insurance, use of telephone and staff gratuities. Extra activities such as golf and horseback riding are also not included in the price.