Cromey: At Home in Burgundy
We’ve always felt there are two types of holiday: the travel holiday where you site-see and are immersed in different cultures, but need a vacation afterward to recover; and the relaxing holiday which is certainly therapeutic, but hardly stimulating. Elden’s Burgundy House Party, at the Domaine de Cromey, is a blend of the two, the travel experience with the relaxing vacation.
An Elden Burgundy House Party is …
- A week-long house party with friends and family at the stunning Domaine de Cromey Six en-suite rooms in a walled-in garden in the midst of the vines.
- Set in the heart of beautiful historic Burgundy
- Enjoying interesting, fun excursions and informative wine tastings… highly experienced and animated guides who make the pages of history and legend come alive. Dennis’ wine tastings are a particular treat. His knowledge, unpretentiousness and rapport with the growers excite both the beginner and the connoisseur. We put a strong emphasis on meeting the locals and living as the locals live. Having two minibuses allows us the flexibility of offering alternative excursions.
- Highly acclaimed food and wine… we let our reputation, our guests and the critics speak for us…
- The friendly expertise of our Domaine de Cromey staff
- All from the comfort of your home away from home Unlike a hotel stay, here, when you settle in for the evening, you’re home. Unpack your bags, and you needn’t touch them again…
An Elden Burgundy House Party is not stuffy. You can make it as casual and informal as your group wishes. You are not herded around and lectured to! It’s your party, it’s your vacation. If you want to laze in the sunshine by the pool or take a walk in the vineyards rather than go on excursions, that is absolutely fine.
Over the past twenty five years, we have built a strong reputation for quality, and a faithful clientele, especially with lovers of good food and wine. It’s become a club of sorts. Most of our weeks are filled by returning guests and their friends. However, we are always happy to welcome new ‘members’ who might enjoy Elden’s Burgundy!