Join us for an entertaining and educational exploration of Burgundy’s renowned culinary culture. In addition to hands-on gastronomique workshops in the kitchens and bread house at Cromey, we will visit with specialist chefs, artisan food producers, cheese makers and winemakers who bring Burgundy’s traditions alive.
6-DAY PROGRAM: Minimum of 6 people
Among the techniques that will be incorporated in the Workshops:
- Sauces: stocks, reductions and emulsions. The chef’s secrets!
- French Patisserie: A morning with a pro
- Vinaigrette: Variations on several of the most important basics. Use of nut oils
- Tarts: French classics, sweet and savory
- Pâtés and terrines: From the garden, the sea and the hunt
- Cooking with a wood-fired oven. Much more than just pizza
- Wine: Food and wine pairing
6 NIGHT GASTRONOMIQUE WORKSHOP: Minimum of 6 people
Classes are limited to (and require) 6 participants. Weeks begin on Saturday afternoon and end after breakfast on Friday.
6 Nights Accommodation at Domaine de Cromey, 3 Gourmet dinners and 3 Bistro lunches at selected restaurants, 2 Workshop lunches, 6 breakfasts at the house, fine estate-bottled Burgundy wines to accompany meals. ‘Gastronomique’ workshop program, ground transportation for planned excursions, maid service.